Experienced project manager for a Jean Monnet
network on European climate and energy governance
The Centre for Environment, Economy and Energy at the Brussels School of Governance at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) is looking for an experienced project manager to coordinate and manage the Jean Monnet Network The European Green Deal: Governing the EU’s Transition towards Climate Neutrality and Sustainability (GreenDeal-NET). The post is a 3-year part time position, starting in October 2022, with the possibility of increasing to a full time position.
Description of the work:
The project manager will be responsible for the successful coordination, management and reporting of a large Jean Monnet Network funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union. He/she/they will also provide some administrative support on two other European funded projects. The job will include administrative management of the project, communication with partners, financial management and reporting as well as ensuring overview of the overall project work, deliverables, partners and collaborators. Additionally, the project manager will be involved in other related tasks such as the development of an online platform, and the production of publications and other content on climate and energy governance. We are therefore looking for a versatile project manager with interest in and knowledge of European climate and energy governance as well as online & physical network development.
- Overall project coordination and management, financial management and reporting
- Communication with Project officer, deliverable preparation and technical reporting (continuous reporting)
- Network management (Management and communication with consortium and broader network)
- Planning and realising various tasks for the development of the network (contracts, meetings, events, conferences, educational activities, various publications and outputs etc.) ensuring coherence of activities and (internal & external) communication
- Management of the development of an online platform
- Engagement within Work Packages and specific deliverables an option
- Knowledge of and interest in European climate and energy governance
- University degree or equivalent experience in project management, European studies, or other relevant field of social sciences
- Proven experience in project management of European funded projects, including financial and technical reporting and consortium coordination
- Experience in working with an online network and platform, and the ability to work with WordPress and/or other content management systems
- Ability to organize your work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and multitasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages are an asset, especially French and Dutch)
- Creativity and solution orientation is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-cultural team
We offer a part-time or full-time position for a limited but possibly prolongable duration.
How to apply?
To apply, send a letter of motivation and your CV (with a list of two references) no later than 27 September 2022 to email@example.com, with subject line “Project Manager Vacancy ‘European Green Deal Network’”.
Interviews will be held during the first two weeks of October 2022.
More information on the content of the assignment can be asked via email to Ólöf Söebech firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on the project:
The network on “The European Green Deal: Governing the EU’s Transition towards Climate Neutrality and Sustainability” (GreenDeal-NET) focuses on one of the key European and global challenges. Its overarching objective is to provide a platform for collaboration and exchange on European climate and sustainability governance so as to (a) collect, share, discuss and advance relevant academic research/ teaching and (b) actively foster engagement and debate with policymakers and the broader public.
GreenDeal-NET pursues its objectives through six interlocking Work Packages (WPs). Based on professional management and coordination (WP1), the Network will establish GreenDeal-Connect, a new online platform for sharing knowledge and promoting exchange and debate (including peer review) (WP2); foster impactful new research collaboration and build research capacity (WP3); advance collaborative means, channels and capacities for teaching (WP4); foster novel academic and societal debate (WP5); and widely disseminate key findings, results and activities for high impact (WP6). The WPs are divided into a coherent set of tasks that will result in a rich array of outputs, including a lecture series, a PhD school, a MOOC, special issues/edited books, review articles, processes for advancing teaching and research collaboration, roundtable debates, academic conference panels, international conferences, policy-link workshops, policy impact papers, policy briefs, newsletters and podcasts.
GreenDeal-NET will be run by a highly motivated, highly qualified, multidisciplinary and diverse team from 12 leading universities across 11 European countries. This consortium will form the nucleus of a much wider network and community with broad reach across Europe and beyond. It will hence serve as an important focal point for academic work on the key geopolitical challenge of the climate and sustainability transition and its link with related societal and policy debates.